Contacts and points of contact

Starting university is not always easy. Not only do you have to get used to a new environment, but you also have to make the transition from school to university the most. This naturally gives rise to many questions and new challenges.

So that none of you is alone and overwhelmed in the first semester, we have collected the most important contact points for your questions or problems.

General questions / support for your studies

Besides your fellow students, the Fachschaft (which in turn also consists of fellow students) is your first point of contact for questions and problems. No matter what the topic is, we will always try to help you as much as possible or forward you to the right place. So even if you are not sure where to turn, you can write to us and we will help you find the right contact person!

This year we are offering a student council email address for all first-year students of FB18, where you can contact us with questions or problems concerning your studies. The email address is the same one you already got some emails from before the OWO.

The email is maintained by 2 experienced students: Nora and Lucas

And always remember, we are only students in higher semesters, so don’t be shy!

The address is:

Questions about the study structure, procedure or crediting of CP

For all questions directly concerning the course of studies, you can contact the Service Center of the Department. For example, if you have already studied somewhere else and want to have modules credited, this is the right place to go. The Service Center is also the right place to go for vacation semesters, hardship regulations, and the like.

The address is:

Learning and motivation problems

If you find it particularly difficult to learn during your studies or if you have motivation problems, a consultation at the Central Student Advisory Service may help. Also, if you are thinking about changing subjects or dropping out of your studies, you can get advice here.

The address is:

Questions about learning material and module content

All modules you take have their own Moodle course. The course usually contains a forum where you can ask questions about the organization or the course material. If you have very specific or personal questions, you will usually find the contact details of the course tutor in the Moodle course or on the slides of the first lecture. The supervisors are usually doctoral students, i.e. they were students themselves a short time ago and therefore always have an open ear for your problems and questions.

If you have questions regarding university law, but also for general legal advice, you can contact the AStA. There is also free advice for questions regarding BAföG. In addition, you can find contact points here if you are interested in topics concerning queer and feminism or if you have questions about them. You can find more information on this website:

Tutor International

For students from abroad there is a group of international students. They will be happy to advise you on questions regarding the start of your studies and also organize events to get to know other students. For more information have a look at the website:

Other points of contact

The TU offers a variety of other counseling and support services. From advising international students to studying with a child to studying with a handicap, there are contact points for you that will be happy to help you. You can find them on this website: